Grandparents are the most lovely members of the family who keep showering you with love every now and then. When the birthday of any of your grandparents is approaching, it is your responsibility to make sure you plan it properly. The following is a list of pointers suggesting you with different ideas to make them feel special on their birthday. Without any further ado, read on to plunge right into the details
1. Plan a Surprise Party – It would give your grandparents immense pleasure to see that they matter to you. That they matter to you just as much as your new friends. Plan a party for them, take your parents to help and make the day about your grandparents. You can do the decoration and order online cake delivery.
2. Take them Out – You used to go out with them all the time while you were a toddler. Grand pa used to take you to the park every evening where you took your first steps. You wouldn’t leave grand ma’s side ever, tagging yourself along wherever she went. Since you started going out with your own friends they have been missing going out with you. Just take them out and remember that you should do that often. You got new friends but don’t ever forget your first friends.
3. Reach out to their long lost friends – You remember grandma’s cousin who used to live with her but she hasn’t seen her in a while or grandfather’s childhood pal who he has lost touch with. They might have lost contact but they are still there in their stories. What better way to surprise your grandparents than reuniting them with their long lost friends. Sure it is going to be a task but the smile you would see on their faces while cutting their birthday cake would compensate for everything.
4. Spend Quality Time with them – If you can’t go out just try and spend quality time with them at home. You can do things together or just listen to their old stories yet again. They gotta relive their memories, to remember that once they were young too. Just listen to them or play a game of ludo with them. It will make their day, trust me.
5. Click Pictures with them – Just as you enjoy the limelight, your grandparents are not any different from you in that respect. Switch to your selfie camera or take turns clicking each other’s pictures with your grandparents. Memories are all we got and what better way to preserve memories than clicking pictures. Don’t just let it sit in your phone, frame it and put it on your living room wall or by the bed.
6. Cook them a meal – All your childhood they fed you. Grand ma can barely get her chores done herself but she never forgets to cook you a magical meal on your birthdays. This time return the favour and cook her something. But make sure you don’t cook something too chewy for her leftover teeth might have a hard time. Cook something simple with love, it will make her happy
Hopefully, the pointers that have been mentioned in this article will present you with different ideas to make sure that your grandparents know how much you love and cherish them. It is only a matter of time when you move out of your home and will be engrossed with the hustle and bustle of life, ensure that the time you spend with your grandparents, you make it count.