With the increasing inclination towards independent work, laborers are exploring opportunities to reach out to customers. Visiting customers in-person is a highly unlikely event in a vastly-populated environment. However, most people have one thing in common – smartphones and on-demand apps. Leveraging this medium to bridge the gap between service providers and customers can yield fruitful results.
Well, this concept of the on-demand home services app has already created a positive impact on the audience. Apps like TaskRabbit, Urban Company, etc., are some of the successful startups in this flourishing market.
One of the most significant advantages of on-demand apps contributing to their massive popularity is flexibility. Service professionals needn’t work between fixed hours for a substantially lower income. Instead, they can switch between availability, choose the income scale based on their preferences with on-demand home service apps. Similarly, customers can schedule services well-in-advance, and communicate with service professionals, paving the way for flexibility and convenience.
The market for on-demand apps is growing exponentially, and entrepreneurs who wish to capitalize on the situation need to react quickly. If you’re an entrepreneur aspiring to launch a feature-rich home services app, you’ll need to equip yourselves with specific prerequisites. This blog caters to the growth, opportunities, and challenges of the home services market.
The influence of smartphones – Massive growth
Numerous household activities need expert assistance nowadays. From vehicle maintenance to lawn cleaning, people expect services. The best part is where do these people look for services? Exactly, the Internet. The digital era has made access to services simple. With a portable gadget making the process even more comfortable, people needn’t think past their smartphones.
The American home services market currently has a market value of $600 billion. As an added advantage, the market for online home services forecasts a CAGR of 49% worldwide.
With the smartphone users poised to cross the 4 billion mark anytime soon, an entrepreneur aiming for success cannot ignore the impact of on-demand apps. This billion-dollar industry is on the verge of becoming the next big thing in the modern era.
Equip yourselves with these resources – Prerequisites
Before venturing into any sector, it is vital to understand the nuances, threats, and opportunities. Let’s discuss the prerequisites for an on-demand home service app development here,
- Analyzing customer needs: Your first step to success is simple – identify your target audiences’ needs and channelize your app according to it. Conduct market research to analyze customer needs and expectations. Rolling out an app that matches the exact requirements of customers has a higher chance of success.
- Assessing competitors’ strengths: In case you’re still struggling to match your frequency with that of customers, you have answers right in front of you – competitors. Assessing competitors for their strengths and weaknesses can open the floodgates on your areas of improvement. Focusing on such areas helps you gain a sweet spot – victory!
- Supply-demand balance: Managing suppliers and satisfying customers is a skill. An efficient entrepreneur maintains the perfect balance between supply and demand. Both results are possible with a home services app; either your demand goes through the ceiling when you do not have the necessary supply or have excess service professionals when your platform doesn’t entertain such huge traffic. Striking the chord remains essential in both cases.
Cater to those areas where there is demand – business opportunities
Just like any other sector, the scope for the online home services market varies with geographical locations.
According to Transparency Market Research, North America and Europe are among the top locations to establish a home services business. The ease of access to services and recent advancements in modern technology favors the massive growth in these areas.
Besides, locations like the Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and countries in the MENA region are experiencing a massive boost for the home services app.
It is clear that business opportunities in the home services sector are abundant, considering smartphones’ role among the population worldwide.
Have an eye on these aspects – Overcoming challenges
Where there’s room for opportunity, there are inevitable challenges as well. A successful entrepreneur sails past these challenges unaffected while others succumb to the vicious cycle of falling below customer expectations. Here are some key challenges that you need to focus during development and deployment,
- Choosing the right business model: Business models provide an outline as to how your app should function. In the case of a home services app, you can either opt for a supplier-pick model or the buyer-pick model. In the former, customers choose the type of services alone, while in the latter, customers choose both services and service providers. The success of the business model varies with locality.
- Quality of services: You can never compromise on this part – quality of services. One of your platform’s essential functionalities must be to verify service providers’ experience & quality before letting them provide services to users. Besides, hearing customer reviews and taking necessary actions from time to time can help you keep service quality in check.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the role of All-in-one apps
The COVID-19 outbreak appears to be adding fuel to the flame of on-demand apps. People’s dependency on on-demand apps for services has surged massively following the pandemic. Multiple delivery services & telemedicine services are growing exponentially. Opting for an all-in-one Super app appears to be an ideal way to gain instant traction in such a scenario.
In case you’re wondering what Super apps are, they are multi-service apps capable of providing numerous services with a single app. Apps like Gojek, Grab, etc., are based on this concept. Rolling out a well-crafted Gojek clone app can benefit people and boost your profits seamlessly. The clone app can encompass more than 60 services in it. This way, in addition to profits from home services, you can provide delivery, ride-hailing, digital payment, and many more services, boosting your income.
Amid the pandemic scenario, the market for on-demand apps is growing at a whole new level. Entrepreneurs can make the most out of the situation with a multi-service app. By equipping the necessary resources, understanding business opportunities, and overcoming challenges, you can gain an irreplaceable position in the market.
Reach out to an app development company, tell them your visions and needs, and launch a highly reliable multi-service app right away.